The Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador Inc. (AETTNL)
AETTNL is a professional organization that certifies and represents the interests of technicians and technologists in NL. With its headquarters located in St. John’s, NL, AETTNL represents more than 1,200 technology professionals who work in all the major areas of our economy in both the private and public sectors. AETTNL is a member of Technology Professionals Canada (TPC), an alliance of professional technology associations whose primary function is to better protect the Canadian public by regulating the conduct of engineering technology and applied science professionals.
AETTNL is seeking an Executive Services Officer (ESO) to join our association executive team.
The Executive Services Officer is responsible for managing and promoting the Association. The scope of deliverables includes:
- Provide leadership and vision to guide the Association in managing its internal and external stakeholders’ best interests
- Provide leadership in structuring and communicating the mission, vision, principles, values, strategic plan and annual operating plan of the Association in conjunction with the Council
- Lead the growth of the Association in an advancing and sustainable manner
Community and Engagement
- Be a community leader and ensure that the Association contributes to the well-being and improvement of the communities in which it operates
- Serve as the external spokesperson and principal liaison for the Association, including effectively managing relations with the Association’s external stakeholders, TPC (Technology Professionals Canada), TAC (Technology Accreditation Canada), educational agencies, the media, governments, non-government organizations and the public generally
- Promptly communicate with the Council on interest areas affecting the Association
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Committee to ensure that the role responsibilities are being fully complied with and that Council members are provided with all information necessary to fulfil their responsibilities and statutory obligations
- Provide supervision and management of the day-to-day business and affairs of the Association within the guidelines established by Council, consistent with decisions requiring prior approval of the Council and the Council’s expectations of management
- Approve commitments within the delegated level of authority
- Ensure the effective and smooth operations of the office and its programming activities daily
This leadership position requires the candidate to have graduated from a nationally accredited Engineering Technology program, certified with AETTNL, or eligible for certification. The position requires course work or studies engineering technology and course work/experience in operations management, accounting (finance), business/information systems management, and a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in engineering technology or applied science technology environment.
An asset for this position is a Bachelor of Technology Degree. Training will be provided in the use of all Business Solution Systems such as SAGE. if required
This executive opposition requires effective written and communication skills, general computer skills, and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Other required attributes include solid organizational and leadership skills and advanced knowledge of office practices and accounting procedures.
To influence and contribute to effective performance outcomes, the candidate should have well-developed interpersonal skills to provide the necessary support levels to internal and external clients and foster a client service model of professional and efficient service delivery.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, able to work independently and keep pace with changing technology and related services.
AETTNL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified persons.
Applications for this position will be accepted shall have a letter of application and a CV/resume. A letter of conduct is also required for this position, as well as three work-related references. All information provided is confidential.
This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To submit your full application electronically, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To send using Canada Post, please send to:
AETTNL Past President
29-31 Pippy Place,
St. John’s, NL A1B 3X2