AETTNL is a professional organization that certifies and represents the interests of technicians and technologists in NL. With its headquarters located in St. John, NL, AETTNL represents more than 1,200 technology professionals who work in all the major areas of our economy in both the private and public sectors. AETTNL is a member of Technology Professionals Canada (TPC), an alliance of professional technology associations whose primary function is to better protect the Canadian public by regulating the conduct of engineering technology and applied science professionals.
AETTNL is seeking an Executive Staff Officer (ESO) to join our association’s executive team.
The Executive Staff Officer will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Provide leadership and vision to guide the Association in managing its internal and external stakeholders’ best interests
- Provide leadership in setting and communicating the mission, vision, principles, values, strategic plan and annual operating plan of the Association in conjunction with the Council
- Lead the growth of the Association in a profitable and sustainable manner
- Be a community leader and ensure that the Association contributes to the well-being and improvement of the communities in which it operates
- Serve as the external spokesperson and principal liaison for the Association, including effectively managing relations with the Association’s external stakeholders, TPC (Technology Professionals Canada), TAC (Technology Accreditation Canada), educational agencies, the media, governments, non-government organizations and the public generally
- Communicate, promptly, with the Council on material matters affecting the Association
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Committee to ensure that these responsibilities are being fully complied with and that Council members are provided with all information necessary to fulfil their responsibilities and statutory obligations
- Ensure the development and deployment of the strategic direction and operational requirements for the Association to maximize membership and value; and, with the highest consideration, the opportunities and risks of the Association’s business
- Provide supervision and management of the day-to-day business and affairs of the Association within the guidelines established by Council, consistent with decisions requiring prior approval of the Council and the Council’s expectations of management
- Approve commitments within the delegated level of authority
The Executive Committee ensures the accuracy, completeness, integrity, and appropriate disclosure of the Association’s financial statements and other financial information through appropriate policies and procedures.
As required by applicable law, the Executive Committee establishes and maintains the Association’s internal controls over financial reporting through appropriate policies and procedures. With the Executive Committee, the ESO will
- ensure that the Association has complied with all regulatory requirements for the Association’s financial information, reporting, disclosure requirements and, when appropriate, internal controls over financial reporting;
- provide required regulatory certifications regarding the Association;
- ensure appropriate policies and procedures of the Association are developed, maintained and disclosed; and
- carry out any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Council.
Once or more annually, as the Executive Committee decides, this position’s scope will be thoroughly evaluated, and updates or recommendations will be made to the Council for consideration
This leadership position requires the candidate to have graduated from a nationally accredited Engineering Technology program, certified with AETTNL, or eligible for certification. The position requires course work or studies in operations management, accounting (finance), business/information systems management, and 3-5 years of relevant work experience. An asset for this position is a Bachelor of Technology Degree. Training will be provided in the use of AETTNL’s accounting software if required
This executive staff officer requires effective written and communication skills; general computer skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; solid organizational and leadership skills to influence and contribute to effective performance outcomes; well-developed interpersonal skills to provide the necessary levels of support to internal and external clients, and to foster a client service orientation to problem-solving and service delivery. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently and remain up-to-date with changing technology and services.
AETTNL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified persons.
Applications for this position will be accepted on or before February 26, 2021, and should include a letter of application and a CV/resume. A letter of conduct is also required for this position, as well as three work-related references. All information provided is confidential.
To submit your full application electronically, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To send using Canada Post, please send to:
AETTNL Past President
29-31 Pippy Place,
St. John’s, NL A1B 3X2
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.