Truss Designer/Engineer Technician
- Design wood trusses using Mitek software and engineering principles to produce competitive truss quotes.
- Salesmanship to secure acceptance of quotes
- See that quality engineered trusses go through manufacturing without issues
- Assist Manager with customer service in delivering timely quotes, quality designed trusses, and organize well communicated truss delivery.
- Assist Manager with resolving issues in manufacturing or installation that may arise with professional manner and creative thinking under pressure
- Follow office financial procedures for invoicing and job statuses
- Assist with office duties when administrative staff is absent.
- Accredited Professional technologist (Ptech/CET) or eligible for certification preferred
- Experienced in reading home blue prints and detail oriented to construction measurements to apply to truss design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work in an organized manner.
- Good time management skills to keep track of job progress and customer construction needs
- Detail oriented
- Solid understanding of measurements, roof planes, load calculations and distribution, and home construction, and structural principles
- Strong computer skills that will not be an obstacle to learning on site and timely work
- High sense of urgency, priority based working, and complete objectives in expected timeline
- Ability to learn on the job through online courses, webinars, and asking questions of senior designers
Please send resumes to