Survey CAD Technician (St. John’s, NF)
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. has an opportunity for a Survey CAD Technician to join our team in St. John’s, Newfoundland! This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity in CAD Drafting, with skills to be utilized on a wide variety of Western Canada construction and survey projects. The ideal individual will have five or more years’ experience drafting survey plans for oil and gas related activities in Western Canada. AutoCAD Civil 3D experience will be a definite plus.
- Process survey data from the field crews and ensure the records are complete and meet project standards
- Extract and calculate dimensions and coordinates from drawings, CAD files, and other sources
- Upload and download survey data from various sources
- Research an array of data repositories to identify land ownership and encumbrances on land
- Prepare legal, construction, and sketch plans that facilitate oil and gas development in Western Canada.
- Certificate or diploma in Geomatics
- Previous experience with design/drafting is an asset
- Proficient with Civil 3D, MicroSurvey, and other applicable survey software
- Excellent attention to detail, good judgement and clear communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a busy team environment
- Willingness to work additional hours to meet project deadlines.
St. John’s is a colourful destination on the eastern edge of North America. As North America’s oldest city, St. John’s is a city rich in culture and history. The dramatic coastlines, unique architecture, beautiful vistas, and courteous and lively locals make St. John’s the perfect combination of big-city luxury and small-town charm.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.
This is a full-time position
For more information see: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=M5756