- Opportunity to work for global company
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise
- Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for a Supervisor, Electrical who will be responsible for leading a team of electricians to maintain within Processing Operations, including medium voltage starters and breakers, VFD’s, motors, lighting and receptacle installation/ replacement, cable tray repair/ replacement and installation, cable management, equipment change out (MCC replacement), distribution panels installation, PLC and DCS, instrumentation equipment, vibration equipment, etc.
Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical, you will be:
· Providing leadership in team building, planning, and establishing clear measures that keep everyone focused on safety, results, and the customer
- Organizing, coordinating, and supervising all activities within area of responsibility to ensure the team carries out their duties safely and in line with IOC’s safety standards
- Supporting and advising multi-skilled team members in order to develop their individual and group skills, and to set up efficient work methods and practices
- Arranging appropriate training for team members and dealing with collective agreement issues and action plans.
- Providing good customer service and maintaining a continuous improvement focus by working with customers and team members to resolve work problems and recommending measures to improve operational productivity and quality
- Providing timely data into various information systems (i.e. work order history, employee pay details, monthly reports, etc.)
- Showing good technical expertise in the area under his or her supervision and actively helping to improve tools, equipment, methods
- Implementing and leading improvement projects when needed or providing technical input and support to key stakeholders (i.e.: engineering)
Technologist/engineer or Journeyperson Electrician
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial environment
- 2-5 years leadership experience
- 2-5 years of experience in a unionized environment
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.