Supervisor Development Program
Leverage your existing leadership and technical skills into a career development opportunity within a global and innovative mining organization
- Attractive location benefits in a beautiful family-oriented community
- Our culture is inclusive, safety-focused and performance-driven
- Roles are based in Labrador City – Relocation is required
About the role
The Iron Ore Company of Canada is currently recruiting trainees for our Supervisor Development Program for our mining and processing facilities in Labrador City, NL.
The Supervisor Trainee role is designed to provide the opportunity to build skills through a focused leadership development program including on the job training, mentoring by qualified Supervisors and ongoing performance feedback.
Candidates will complete a leadership program from an educational institute and have focused Safety training.
Candidates will gradually transition into the full-time responsibilities to Supervisors through shorter replacements, special project work and vacation replacement positions. Length of transition time will be determined by previous work / leadership experience and feedback from mentors.
Upon successful completion of a one-year developmental program, you will have accountabilities for leading a multi-disciplinary team while ensuring cost, production and quality targets are met or exceeded in a safe and efficient manner.
You are a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills; you have the ability to lead the team and to contribute effectively to a team effort. IOC is looking for high caliber candidates that are willing to make a positive contribution to our work place.
To succeed in this program, you will have:
- Proven technical skills (Mechanical, Electrical or Power Engineering backgrounds would be considered an asset)
- Post-secondary degree, technical diploma or equivalent qualification
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate with others
- Leadership experience preferred
- Mining or heavy industry experience
All combinations of experience and education will be considered.
About the offer
- Generous packages including base salary, lifestyle allowances, bonus
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Medical insurance coverage for employees and their immediate family
- Employee discounts and subsidies
- Access to the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.