Superintendent – ATO Operations and Maintenance
- Opportunity to work for global company
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Labrador city. Relocation required.
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent – ATO Operations and Maintenance. The ATO is the Automatic Train System delivering ore from the mine pockets to the crusher for processing. This role is a great opportunity to manage team performance and be a part of a global organization that values safety and teamwork in a dynamic northern climate. The role will be based be based in Labrador City.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Actively promoting safety awareness, safe work practices, hazard identification and risk management principles in order to safely meet production targets
- Providing effective leadership by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, coaching and development establishing an effective team process
- Working with operations, business improvement, engineering, reliability and maintenance to identify and correct issues affecting asset performance or production.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships to ensure communication and alignment of maintenance and operational activities throughout the value chain.
- Promote a positive and engaging work environment within the ore delivery team
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Tradesperson, Technologist or Engineer in a relevant discipline (Mechanical/Electrical)
- 5-10 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Experience in rail operations, fixed planet or electrical would be beneficial
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to safety, with strong leadership, supervisory and people skills
- Must demonstrate a style of participative management in problem solving, project implementation, integration and continuous improvement
- Must possess good communication skills – written and oral, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively interface with others
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletising plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.