Closing - June 22, 2019
- Location – St. John’s NL
- Type – Full-Time
CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.
Detailed Job Description
CBCL is looking for a Structural Technologist to join our team in the St. John’s office. This position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ of diversified experience in the drafting of buildings, bridges, marine structures, and/or industrial structures.
- Create detailed structural engineering documents for steel, concrete, masonry and timber using Revit and AutoCAD;
- Meet deadlines and work efficiently;
- Assist the structural engineer with performing site inspections;
- Work with other members of the design team to execute projects.
- At least five (5) years’ of experience in structural drafting;
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD;
- Good understanding of structural engineering drawings and details;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications;
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to operate as a part of a team;
- Well organized and have an attention for detail.
Please clearly highlight these items in your cover letter and resume.
We offer a supportive working environment and an attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with capability and experience.
CBCL Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.