Structural Engineering TechnologistJob Description
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking an Intermediate Structural Designer/Drafter to join the West White Rose Project team in Argentia, NL. Reporting directly to the Drafting Systems Lead, you will be an integral part of the drafting team working directly on site to the project.
- Prepare Structural/Civil drawings (2D and 3D) using AutoCAD R2018
- Strict adherence to project Drafting Standards and Work Instructions
- Checking drawings for technical accuracy, completeness and conformance to Client/Project specifications and standards
- Assist engineers in developing solutions to design/construction challenges
- Coordinate structural design work with related engineering disciplines
- Material design experience, which may include experience in the use of structural steel, reinforced concrete, and/or industrial wood applications would be an asset
- Routinely archive and retrieve data from electronic database for support of work
- Must be well organized and able to work with minimal guidance
- Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered.
- Team-oriented and a creative thinker/problem solver
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is preferred – preferably in a mega project based environment
- Strong understanding and proficiency in both AutoCAD 2D and 3D is required
- Good understanding and proficiency in Navisworks, Civil 3D, and Microstation is highly desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Be familiar with current codes and standards
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-discipline and fast-paced team project environment
Please note this is a site based position located in Argentia, NL.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
RegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.