Structural Designer, St. John’s
Connex Personnel provides contractor agency services for its clients in the oil & gas, mining, utility and heavy industrial industries. Connex is currently searching for a Structural Designer for an opportunity in St. John’s, NL. This is for a 1+ year contract on an upcoming offshore oil and gas project.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
· Completing structural design work to meet client requirements and specifications
· Preparing cost estimates and track project progress
· Originating structural design documents
· Ensuring all HSEQ requirements are met within the Structural discipline in accordance with Corporate procedures and management systems
· Offshore travel on an as-needed basis to complete surveys
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
· Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
· Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools – Word/Excel/PowerPoint to advanced template creation and document/data management level would be considered an asset
· Knowledge/experience using AutoCAD and PDMS
· Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved will be considered.
For more information see: connexpersonnel.com/index.html