Senior/Intermediate Environmental Professional/Technologist
Established in 1961, Englobe Corp. is one of Canada’s leading geotechnical, construction materials and environmental firms, offering a comprehensive range of professional services to a wide array of clients. Englobe operates 60 offices across Canada and has a current full-time staff of over 1,800 employees nationwide and nearly 200 in Atlantic Canada alone. We have been in NS since the 1970’s.
If you are looking for a challenge in a team-oriented, friendly and respectful work environment on a growing team, we would love to hear from you. Englobe is currently looking for an Intermediate Environmental Engineer/Technologist to join its Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador office. More specifically, you will:
- Reporting to the Team Leader, your main task will be to co-ordinate and complete assigned activities with respect to the implementation and management of environmental projects including but not limited to:
- Perform Phased Environmental Site Assessments, including historical research, site inspections and soil and groundwater sampling programs;
- Carry out surveys for Designated Substances and other Hazardous Materials;
- Supervise and verify site remediation and tank removal activities;
- Air quality monitoring;
- Preparation of field notes, data analysis and evaluation;
- Participate in technical report and proposal writing; and,
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
• University Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences or an environmental related field;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant environmental assessment/field experience;
• Member of Professional Engineer and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL) or Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL);
• Working knowledge of both provincial and federal environmental regulations;
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in supervising contractors on the work site;
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and able to complete work within established timeframes;
• Team-oriented and an excellent communicator;
• Valid driver’s license; and,
• Willingness and ability to travel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador on an occasional basis.