Senior Architectural Technologist – 5 Years of Revit Experience
The architects and technologists that are Lat49 Architecture Inc. have a vision for the built environment of our home, Newfoundland and Labrador. It is a vision based on a foundation of scale and context, but it is one that reflects a tradition of adventure, a history of ingenuity and sense of independence.
Our environment presents many challenges, but architectural design must rise above these, otherwise it is without merit. Our aim is to find our role in this grand place. We envision something better, an architecture that speaks to us and to all those who experience it.
We are currently inviting applications from talented and ambitious individuals to join our firm. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Our work environment is flexible and professional, with opportunities of continued growth for motivated individuals. LAT49 is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate applications based on professional qualifications and relevant work experience.
- Review client requirements to understand requirements of a project.
- Review design requirements to ensure project requirements are met and all codes and jurisdictional requirements are complied with.
- Develop technical documents.
- Perform technical reviews and edit drawings.
- Perform activities such as code research, material and building systems research, calculation of program and building areas and develop building details.
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings.
- Integrate engineering systems into the Architectural design.
- Perform site surveys and field reviews.
- Attend design and construction meetings.
- Coordinate with contractor, sub-consultants or relevant building authorities.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members.
- Diploma from a technical college with a focus on Architectural / Engineering Technology.
- Current AScT, or P.Tech. designation, or willingness to obtain it.
- 5-10 years experience working in Canadian jurisdictions.
- Strong technical ability in drawings and detailing architectural building systems.
- Must be able to coordinate and review engineering systems and provide input. Must be familiar with Mechanical, Electrical, Structural building systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the NBCC 2015, with the ability to assist and provide input on code related issues.
- High degree of professionalism and excellent communication skills with the ability to verbally communicate effectively and interface with consultants, clients and peers.
- A minimum of 5 years of comprehensive Autodesk Revit experience in detailing complete sets of contract documents on complex projects. (examples of work with description of responsibility may be submitted).
- Experience with other software platforms would be considered an asset. These may include; Microsoft Office (including MS project), Adobe Creative suite (InDesign/Photoshop) and Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Valid Canadian Drivers license would be beneficial, but not required.
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with position and experience.
- health, dental, optical coverage, with Disability and Life.
- Paid vacation.
- Allotted personal time.
- Staff social events.
- Newfoundland Weather
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Revit: 5 years (Required)
- Architectural Project Development: 5 years (Required)