Senior Advisor Electrical
- Opportunity to work for global company
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise
- Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Advisor, Electrical who will be responsible for providing electrical and technical field support to the Processing Operations Electrical team. This position will assist the Electrical team plan, procure, and schedule electrical maintenance activities and will also help to coach and mentor other team members.
Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical, you will be:
- Role modeling the right safety behaviours within the team and ensuring that all work is completed safely and in line with IOC’s safety protocols and standards
- Creating requests for engineering support and/or to document changes in electrical infrastructure and supporting the development of business cases for AFEs
- Providing technical support to ensure IOC electrical standards and best practices are followed
- Providing support to the C2 Electrical Committee to maintain and/or improve electrical standards and systems
- Participating in defect elimination teams as required
- Providing input into budget preparation and long-term resource requirements
- Coaching and mentoring other team members by sharing knowledge of plant operations, maintenance, and electrical systems
- Providing input into developing the Electrical 5 year plan.
- Technologist/engineer or Journeyperson Electrician
- 5-7 years’ experience in the electrical and instrumentation field
- 3 years in a maintenance role
- Excellent communication skills
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.