QA Advisor – Electrical
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of QA Advisor – Electrical in Muskrat, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: One year, renewable
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Note: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.)
The duties and job functions of the QA Advisor – Electrical shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement all applicable Owner construction electrical oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities at the Muskrat Falls Construction Site;
- Perform monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work, on behalf of Owner, to ensure contractors and subcontractors quality and construction programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors and sub contractors quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final documentation, turnover, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the Regulatory Requirements, Canadian Electrical Codes, Technical Specifications, Drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and sub contractors inspection and test plans;
- Ensure contractors and sub contractors are working to the latest revisions of specifications, drawings, procedures, codes and standards and ITPs, concession requests, ECNs etc;
- Maintain detailed records of the work, including all observations and concerns;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports and maintain quality control files of all on-going electrical construction work;
- Support the quality audit and surveillance plan and issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformances, and observations;
- Work with Contractors and Sub contractors to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements;
- Interface daily with the engineering team to help ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes;
- Review documentation received from contractor and sub contractors (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, site queries, concessions etc.) for implementation and compliance;
- Review of design documentation and verification in field against design
- Attend construction meetings and quality meetings as required;
- Support the Construction Management Team in the coordination and management of Project interfaces between contractors and sub contractors;
- Ensure management of turnover documentation is implemented;
- Ensure all audit findings, NCRs, etc. are closed;
- Provide technical assistance to team members as required;
- Other activities as assigned.
- Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technologist supplemented by experience in construction QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance, electrical inspection, completions and commissioning activities for large hydroelectric projects, or an equivalent combination of education and electrical experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 10 years of field experience in performing electrical systems monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects;
- Experience in construction quality assurance & quality control, including execution of inspection and test plans;
- Demonstrated ability to digest and interpret construction Agreements including ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, Canadian electrical codes and standards;
- Experience with construction of hydroelectric projects, specifically intake, powerhouse, spillway and transition dams, turbine and generator and balance of plant considered an asset;
- Specific experience with electrical grounding including caldweld connections, low voltage distribution, motor control centers, dc batteries and charger systems, PLC based control and monitoring systems, large power transformers and circuit breakers installations, isolated phase bus systems, emergency switching systems, controls/protection, control of generating plant equipment and systems.
- Participate in auditing construction QA programs;
- Working knowledge of incident investigation / root cause analysis.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety orientated;
- Willingness to adhere to Nalcor’s vision and core values;
- Willing to assume accountability and ownership for the assigned work area;
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection and safety standards;
- Strong technical and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders;
- Self-starter who identifies priority tasks and puts plans in place to complete;
- Must be a team player but maintain the ability to work independently;
- Incumbent must be willing to work at site on a rotational basis;
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: