Project Controls Specialist
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of a Project Controls Specialist in St. John’s, NL.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategy and process for cost control and scheduling for the Asset Life Extension (ALE) program that aligns with corporate guidance.
- Directing and managing the functional duties of supporting cost control and planning personnel.
- Interfacing with Husky financial group to coordinate inputs for finance and corporate requirements in terms of long-range planning, annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and ad hoc analysis request.
- Monitoring and managing EPC contractor and other contractors as required. Active engagement with EPC contractor processes in the areas of schedule and costs.
- Regularly reviewing program and advising of potential or known schedule and planning challenges.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma.
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL) or Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologist of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in staff/resource management with multiple projects.
- Minimum of 10 years’ proven and progressive project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and contractor management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience with large projects construction planning and progress measurement.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Formal certification/training in Primavera.
- Formal certification/training in Quantity Surveyor.
- Formal training in cost control and cost planning.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules and deadlines.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Member in good standing with Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory and offshore related requirements.
- Knowledge in control administration and development economics.
- Knowledge of costing estimating and bill of quality principles.
- Knowledge of cost platforms (Ecosys, Prism or equivalent).
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
For more information about the position above or working for Dovre Group, please contact: