Project Controls Coordinator
This position will support the Project Service Manager by actively managing, analyzing and reporting on all aspects related to cost, schedule, project accounting, change management, long range planning and document control activities for CGS Construction in Argentia Newfoundland. This role will support and take day to day direction from the CGS Project Director and will require extensive collaboration with major contractors.
• Oversee all planning and scheduling activities, progress verification, analysis and project reporting in alignment with established project procedures and guidelines;
• High-level understanding of Project Management methodologies and Project Controls.
• Review, analyze and report on project metrics as required and advise the Project Director and Project Services Manager of discrepancies or issues,
• Prepare stewardship reports and presentations for Project Stakeholders
• Provide analysis and guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls.
• Manage and lead the CGS project controls team
• Coordinate a wide range of activities required to develop and maintain cost, progress, schedule and financial information
• Ensure the proper maintenance, administration and integration of project schedules and estimates
• Define and communicate cost and schedule trends and quantify cost and schedule impacts.
• Co-ordination and day-to-day management of the project controls function
• Completing ad hoc projects and performing necessary off-site tasks as required to ensure overall project success.
• Ensuring the project controls function is delivering effective service to the project team
• University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Technologist (P.Tech) if they have a degree
• 15 years of Major Project Experience
• Proven and demonstrated leadership skillset in a large project organization
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• In-depth and proven knowledge of project planning, cost control, progress tracking and measurement and change management processes and assessment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 10 years of heavy industrial or offshore related project controls experience
• Association with PMI or AACEI considered an asset
• In-depth knowledge of project reporting
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
Location: St. John’s, NL with regular travel to Argentia and a possible transfer to Argentia.
Working hours: 8-10 hours/day