Project Controls Coordinator
AVARA is a consultancy firm established in 2015, providing a range of engineering and supervisory services to the Canadian East Coast oil and gas industry. Our team members have been a part of the growing industry since 1984, with varied and extensive backgrounds including; Completions, Well Testing, Production, and Reservoir Engineering.
Avara’s goal is to provide local engineering and supervisory services to the East Coast oil and gas industry. Avara personnel have provided years of service to the local operating companies and have established long term, respected, working relationships. Our strength is in our approach to build a team of the best local expertise and experience working collaboratively and consistently together delivering a better product for our clients.
Job Title: Concrete Gravity Structure (CGS) Project Controls Coordinator
Location: St. John’s, NL with regular travel to Argentia and a possible transfer to Argentia.
Working hours: 8-10 hours/day
Start date: ASAP
Length: 1 year with chance for extension
The CGS Project Services Coordinator will support the Project Service Manager by actively managing, analyzing and reporting on all aspects related to cost, , schedule, , project accounting, change management, long range planning and document control activities for CGS Construction in Argentia Newfoundland. This role will support and take day to day direction from the CGS Project Director and will require extensive collaboration with major contractors.
- Oversee all planning and scheduling activities, progress verification, analysis and project reporting in alignment with established project procedures and guidelines;
- High-level understanding of Project Management methodologies and Project Controls.
- Review, analyze and report on project metrics as required and advise the Project Director and Project Services Manager of discrepancies or issues,
- Prepare stewardship reports and presentations for Project Stakeholders
- Provide analysis and guidance to project management on matters relating to project controls.
- Manage and lead the CGS project controls team
- Coordinate a wide range of activities required to develop and maintain cost, progress, schedule and financial information
- Ensure the proper maintenance, administration and integration of project schedules and estimates
- Define and communicate cost and schedule trends and quantify cost and schedule impacts.
- Co-ordination and day-to-day management of the project controls function
- Completing ad hoc projects and performing necessary off-site tasks as required to ensure overall project success.
- Ensuring the project controls function is delivering effective service to the project team
Must Have Skills:
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Technologist (P.Tech) if they have their degree
- 15 years of Major Project Experience
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skillset in a large project organization
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- In-depth and proven knowledge of project planning, cost control, progress tracking and measurement and change management processes and assessment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Contract
- project controls: 10 years (Required)
- offshore: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- St. John’s, NL (Required)