On-Site Environmental Monitor
Dovre Group is pleased to offer the following opportunity of Environmental Monitorin Muskrat Falls, NL
Start Date: ASAP
This position will be responsible to carry-out filed inspection and monitoring activities during construction and impoundment of the MFG Project. The position will assist in the successful implementation of the Project’s Environmental Management Program during construction
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
- This position will be responsible for providing on-site inspection and monitoring of construction and impoundment activity in accordance with the Project’s Environmental Program. Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure construction activities abide by established environmental plans which include: Regulatory Compliance Plan, Waste Management Plan, Environmental Management Plan, Environmental Protection Plan, Master Spill Response Plan, Rehabilitation Plan, and any additional plans and procedures prepared.
- Carry out monitoring and inspections to assess adherence to environmental regulations and conditions of approvals and ensure mitigation measures are functioning as specified.
- Participate in environmental audits, when requested by MF Site Environmental Lead or Generation Environmental Lead.
- When required, complete sampling of various media in the field, carry-out proper laboratory submission procedures and interpret analytical results against applicable regulatory criteria.
- Regular inspections of site works and completion of standard Environmental Site Inspection Forms.
- Review Contractors incident reports. Provide daily updates, as required, to the MF Site Environmental Lead and Site Construction Management Team.
Environmental or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in environmental management and regulatory compliance.
- Well-rounded management skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Able to do hands-on monitoring work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Experience working with (or for) large national and international construction contractors.
- Adaptability to perform in demanding work environments.
- Develop programs and objectives to meet general objectives outlined by the Component
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.