Offshore Instrumentation Technician
Requisition ID – 2019-37602
Work Location – CA-NL-St. John’s
Department / Discipline – Commissioning, Maintenance, Operations & Validation
- Position Type – On Call
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has requirement for the following ad hoc position:
Ad Hoc Offshore Instrumentation Technician
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Installing and maintaining the operational integrity of instrumentation systems and equipment. Broad working knowledge of drilling and process related instrumentation.
- In-depth knowledge of calibration, installation and repair of electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Broad working knowledge of PLC, Emergency Control systems, Fire and Gas and DCS systems.
- Ability to read relevant technical drawings and specifications.
- Use of calibration and test equipment.
- Working knowledge of local regulatory codes and practices.
- Working knowledge of computers and computerized maintenance management systems.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Inter-Provincial Journeyman Instrumentation Certificate / Instrumentation Engineering Technology Certificate / Instrument Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution. Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- 5+ years related experience in an industrial maintenance environment (preferably in the offshore or petro-chemical / refinery industry).
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Theoretical Training in the following:
- Principles of flammable materials.
- Division area and IEC zone classification.
- Equipment marking and selection.
- Methods of explosion protection.
- Intrinsic safety.
- Equipment inspection and maintenance.
- Maintenance of power circuits.
- Maintenance of intrinsically safe circuits.
- Differentiate between North America and International IEC standard with respect to workmanship (maintenance, inspection and installation).
- Working knowledge of regulatory and industry codes applicable to the instrumentation discipline.
- Experience in PLC, Emergency Control Systems, Fire & Gas and Distributed Controls Systems. Emphasis on computer / software equipment.
- Practical experience in the following:
- Maintenance and inspection of power circuits.
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of intrinsically safe circuits.
- Differentiate between North America and International IEC standards with respect to workmanship (maintenance, inspection and installation) installation of power circuits.
- For this position, the following training would be considered an asset:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015).
- Hazardous Area EX Training.
- Thread and Cone.
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness.
- Fall Protection.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Emergency First Aid.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!