- Offshore Electrician
- Requisition ID – 2019-36637
- Work Location – CA-NL-St. John’s
- Department / Discipline – Commissioning, Maintenance, Operations & Validation
- Position Type – Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is actively recruiting individuals for the following Regular Rotation (3 weeks on / 3 weeks off) offshore position:
This position will require you to travel to offshore Newfoundland and Labrador via helicopter or supply vessel. Individuals
must be comfortable working in remote locations, confined spaces, and heights.
This role will be responsible for installing and maintaining the operational integrity of electrical systems and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Inter-Provincial Journeyman’s Certificate (Electrical) or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology. Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and industry codes applicable to the electrical discipline.
- Experience with HV / LV power generation and distribution systems.
- Experience with AC / DC drive systems and PLC controls.
- Broad working knowledge of drilling and process related electrical equipment including power generation sources, power distribution equipment, hazardous area electrical equipment, and electrical systems related to refrigeration, air conditioning, heating and ventilation.
- Knowledge of normal and emergency lighting and heat tracing.
- Ability to perform diagnostic tests and troubleshoot system faults and failures down to the component level.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices for electrical equipment.
Since this position requires offshore travel, the following training would be considered an asset:
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA.
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Alive.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015).
- Offshore Safety Regulatory Awareness
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Hazardous (EX) training
- Arc Flash
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!