Offshore Ad Hoc Mechanical Technicians
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Offshore Ad Hoc Mechanical Technicians with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining the operational integrity of mechanical systems and equipment (e.g. pumps, compressors, fans, generators, exchangers, etc.) related to producing operations on the installation.
- Executing Planned Maintenance Routines (PMR) and documenting findings/corrective actions in Maintenance Management System (i.e. SAP).
- Monitor mechanical materials and highlight any overages/shortages to Offshore Construction and or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment is in fit-for-purpose condition and quarantine any defective materials.
- Must be conversant with all relevant standards, specifications, rules, regulations etc. including Permit to Work (PTW).
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and/or experience gained through practical industrial experience:
- Inter-Provincial Journeypersons Certificate (Mechanical or Millwright) or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Possess mechanical aptitude with the desire to continuously build and share knowledge and skills.
- Use of portable hand tools, bench tools and precision measuring tools.
- Must be familiar with routine maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostics techniques associated with mechanical systems and equipment (e.g. pumps, fans, compressors, generators, turbines, exchangers, valves, couplings, etc.).
- Knowledge of low and high pressure hydraulic systems and associated controls.
- Knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance practices for mechanical equipment.
THis position requires offshore travel; therefore, completion of the following training would be considreed an asset.
- Basic Survival Training (BST) including HUET and HUEBA
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Alive
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!