Employment Opportunity – Administrative Assistant
The Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL)
AETTNL is a professional organization that certifies and represents the interests of technicians and technologists in NL. With its headquarters located in St. John’s, AETTNL represents more than 1,200 technology professionals who work in all of the major areas of our economy in both the private and public sectors.
Reporting to the Executive Staff Officer, the Administrative Assistant position will provide general office administrative support and be responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the association. This can involve answering member inquiries via phone and e-mail, receiving payments, maintaining documentation, record management, and other tasks as assigned by the ESO.
- provide professional front-line counter and telephone service in support of stakeholder inquiries;
- receive and screen telephone calls, letters, e-mails and/or visitors, answering routine questions and furnishing information;
- prepare a variety of correspondence and reports using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- provide administrative support for meetings, presentations, and travel – i.e., scheduling meetings, agendas, meeting packages;
- assist in the planning, development, and publishing of the association newsletter;
- participate in the administration and maintenance of members records;
- assist in maintaining the association website;
- receive member payments and issue receipts using Sage50 Pro Accounting;
- complete general accounting tasks in relation to member accounts using Sage50 Pro Accounting;
- assist in maintaining the association database;
- other related duties as assigned by the Executive Staff Officer.
Skills: Effective written and communication skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; Able to work independently within a defined scope; Self-motivation and ability to complete work with minimal supervision; Training will be provided but experience with Sage50 is considered an asset.
Education: A post-secondary diploma in office administration or equivalent. New graduates welcome.
AETTNL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Applications will be received on or before June 24, 2022, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full time temporary Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM (35 hours per week)
NOTE: Applications will not be accepted via telephone or fax.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.