Mechanical Technologists / Designers
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for two (2) Mechanical Technologists / Designers to support our office in Voisey’s Bay, NL. The ideal candidate will have a drafting diploma or experience in the process industry. This is a replacement position, and based primarily on the Voisey’s Bay Site with a 2weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation.
As the Mechanical Technologist / Designer you will be responsible for drafting work supporting small facility based projects in an active process environment. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide piping drafting support to capital and operating projects in a fast-paced environment
- Drafting of mechanical systems (HVAC-Structures) to include taking accurate field measurements
- Revise and/ or develop detailed Piping and Instrument Diagrams, piping drawings and other mechanical drawings
- Reference Piping and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) drawings and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Development of Construction Work Packages
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Work closely with field engineers, contractors, and team members to develop project documenation and ensure contractor compliance to issued designs
- Field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Adiministation duties such as Meet Minutes and Document Control organization
- Meet or exceed the company’s safety standards
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Engineering Technology / Drafting
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience drafting mechanical systems for process facilities, including piping and P&ID layouts, mechanical elevation and plan drawings
- Ability to gather field data, able to wear required PPE for filed measurement/as-built drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and Microstation
- Ability to work with Construction Contractors to achive project requirements
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) and time-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook
Deadline to apply: November 14, 2019
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Wood respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Wood is an equal opportunity employer; however, we recognize the Impacts and Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation and Nunatsiavut Government. It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!