Oceanic Consulting Corporation offers opportunities and valuable hands-on experience at one of the world’s broadest collections of marine hydrodynamic testing facilities. If you enjoy working with a talented group of colleagues, a social atmosphere and hands-on training, Oceanic might just be the best opportunity for you!
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for a qualified Mechanical Technologist for our St. John’s, Newfoundland office.
Our Mechanical Technologists are a critical component of the Oceanic Engineering team that develop 3D models, drawings and technical studies, as well as ensure the completion of engineering change proposals and systems integration projects for government and commercial vessels. They are respected in the industry through their proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and their ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges.
- Education Required: Engineering Technology Diploma (Mechanical/Marine Engineering Systems) from a Post-Secondary Institution
- Years of Experience Required: 5-10+ years proven hands-on experience in 2D drafting, 3D modeling and engineering design/integration projects
- Background in marine systems required
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Rhino or other 3D modeling software would be considered an asset
- Experience in Naval Warship design is an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances (5+ years searchable Canadian history)
- Developing 3D models and 2D drawings of ship equipment and systems
- Developing technical studies, drawings, surveys and specifications for government and commercial vessels
- Report writing and performing engineering design for auxiliary systems
- Incorporating engineering changes into existing designs
- Working on systems integration projects
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- Health and wellness benefits (including Fitness Reimbursement)- no wait period!
- Flexible work hours- core office hours!
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program- start contributing immediately!
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Oceanic Consulting Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.