Mechanical QC Lead
CA.NL.Mount Pearl.1133 Topsail Road
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking for a Mechanical (QC) Lead to join the West White Rose Project’s Quality team on the project site in Argentia, NL.
- The Mechanical (QC) Lead will ensure the development and preparation of all project quality requirements are implemented and managed as it applies to the main mechanical outfitting scope of work.
MAIN TASKS AND DELIVERABLES:
- Development and implementation of quality orientation and training programs
- Preparation of Audit Programs and scheduling, coordinating, managing and participating in Quality Audits
- Assist with the development of all applicable plans, procedures and checklists required for QA oversight and QC programs onsite, including Inspection test plans, procedures, processes and final documentation etc.
- Create and implement ITPs relative to Piping and Structural Installation
- Monitoring of Welding program
- Assist with internal and external audits as required
- Ensure quality requirements are known, understood, and followed within area of responsibility
- Ensure that project quality requirements are implemented and managed
- Evaluate material and test results on a continuous basis and advise construction on production improvement
- Provide quality reporting as required
- Manage Quality Documentation such as NCR’s, CAR’s and Observation reports
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of QC Procedures and Plans
- Ensure that regular inspections and tests are being performed and reported
- Identify critical quality issues in a proactive manner to facilitate improvements
- Ensure good subcontractor relations, both internal and external
- Assist production team with quality and performance matters
- Assure fabrication records from inspections and tests are being prepared and verified
- Report non-conforming products and assist in corrective actions
- Diploma in Welding Engineering Technician or related field or combination of related work experience and training, preference given to Welding/Mechanical
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience from performance of Mechanical QC work within Operations/Large Structural/Piping Projects preferred as embedded items in large scale concrete operations
- CWB Level 2 Certification is a requirement
- Experience working with Non Destructive Testing (NDT), and varying methods
- Experience making and presenting documentation of mechanical works for offshore structures
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for the role will be due by Monday March 25th at 9am NL time.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
RegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Apply online: https://bit.ly/2FocGwA