MECHANICAL MAINTEANCE SUPERVISOR – Competition No. 19-02
Kruger Inc.’s Publication Papers business unit comprises four paper mills specializing in the production of newsprint and coated paper. Located in Québec and Newfoundland and Labrador, our mills supply printers and major newspaper and magazine publishers in Canada, the US and around the world. Renowned for the excellent quality of their products, our paper mills frequently receive the title of “supplier of the year” from major press groups such as Dow Jones and Gannett. Competing in an industry that is constantly changing, our mills have always maintained the same level of quality and service that have made Kruger one of the leaders in the global paper industry.
Kruger Inc. is active in such diverse industries as renewable energy, tissue products, pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, wines and spirits, and recycling.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is a quality leader in the manufacture of newsprint, with an international customer base. Building on this reputation, our goal is to be one of the lowest cost manufacturers of quality newsprint in North America.
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, is responsible for the day to day execution of maintenance.
- Adhere to, and promote company safety and environmental policies.
- Coach the maintenance team on leadership values and work assignments.
- Ensure equipment availability and reliability through preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Participate in team problem solving activities to address operating area issues.
- Ensure accurate documentation of work history in support of the Maintenance Management System.
- Support measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Department.
- Post secondary degree in Mechanical Engineering, Certified Engineering Technologist (CET), and/or possess a First Class Interprovincial (Red Seal) Certificate in an applicable Mechanical Trade.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment. Work experience in a Pulp and Paper environment is considered an asset.
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Technology background.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate team members.
- Engineers must be registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving ability, and solid project management skills are essential.
- The Successful candidate must be able to work evening and weekends when required
Successful candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
Interested candidates can apply online through the Careers Section of www.kruger.com
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited, but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.