CBCL was established in 1955 and now with over 350 employees, CBCL operates from its Canadian offices located in Halifax (Head office) and Sydney, NS; Charlottetown, PE; Saint John, Fredericton and Moncton, NB; and St. John’s, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL and Ottawa, ON. CBCL Limited is a 100% employee-owned firm offering a full range of engineering, environmental, and geotechnical consulting services including Municipal Services, Geotechnical, Water & Wastewater, Buildings, Industry & Manufacturing, Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, Marine, Transportation & Bridges, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing. We are a forward-looking and inclusive company: we embrace the values of change and are flexible to accommodate new talent and ideas.
Detailed Job Description
MECHANICAL ENGINEER – BUILDING SYSTEMS
CBCL is looking to add a Senior or Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to our team in our St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador office. We are looking for a candidate who ideally has experience within a consulting engineering environment in the areas of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building systems controls.
The successful candidate would have a degree in Mechanical Engineering combined with considerate experience in some or all of the following areas of mechanical design:
- New construction and renovation of commercial buildings such as healthcare, administration, educational, laboratory, museums, assembly buildings, MURB, recreation, etc.;
- Project Management including team and client communication;
- Design and preparation of contract documents in the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building controls;
- Understanding of building codes including; NBC, NPC, NFC, NECB, NFPA, CSA, ASHRAE 55, 62.1, 90.1, etc.;
- Coordination of design support staff across multiple disciplines;
- Construction administration and field reviews;
- AutoCAD and Revit MEP capability;
- Commissioning, recommissioning, condition assessments and energy audits;
- Energy simulation and green building certification, LEED, Green Globes and/or BREEAM;
- Assisting with business development and proposals;
- Eligibility for registration with PEGNL.
- Strong engineering aptitude, analytical skills and understanding of fundamentals;
- Ability to effectively communicate and thrive in a collaborative supportive team environment;
- Attention to detail, solution oriented and an ability to rationalize and problem solve complex and challenging situations;
- Proficient at multi-tasking and work diligently to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and will participate with an established team of professional engineers and technologists in developing innovative multidisciplinary building design solutions.
We offer an attractive benefits package with compensation that is commensurate with experience.
CBCL Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those applicants who are selected to interview will be contacted.