Materials Technician / Technologist
- Requisition ID – 2019-56046
Work Location – CA-NL-St. John’s
Department / Discipline – Engineering – Civil
Position Type – Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking Materials Technician / Technologists to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Group in St John’s, NL.
- Conducting various tests on plastic and hardened concrete, aggregates, soils, and asphalt in both field and laboratory settings
- Testing will be conducted on a variety of civil construction projects associated with commercial and institutional buildings, water resources, energy and transportation structures
- This position may require working on remote project sites throughout Newfoundland & Labrador on a rotational basis
Skills / Qualifications
Graduates of a recognized Civil Engineering Technology Diploma program
6 months to 5 years applicable experience; an equivalent level of education and experience will be considered
- Experience should include familiarity with the various test procedures for plastic and hardened concrete, compaction, and asphalt in both the field and laboratory
- This position will appeal to a self-motivated individual with strong technical/practical background, excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and a solid work ethic, coupled with an interest in career growth
- Applicant must be well organized, and have the ability to manage and prioritize several tasks at one time to ensure a commitment to service and technical excellence
- The ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment is necessary to this position
- Dry camp environment, may have a rotation schedule
- Applicant must hold a valid driver’s license
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!