Voisey’s Bay, Labrador
Allnorth is a multidisciplinary engineering and technical services consulting company servicing clients in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Pulp & Paper sectors. With offices across Canada and the USA, Allnorth has an entrepreneurial spirit that allows us to be responsive to our clients. Allnorth’s motivated team delivers innovative, practical solutions that fulfill project needs and fit within the reality of our client’s budgets. Our business model of local offices allows us to deliver the best service in our industry and foster successful client relationships.
Allnorth has partnered with Atsanik Consulting Ltd. to pursue opportunities for Voisey’s Bay mine expansion in Labrador. Atsanik is an Innuit registered company and provider of consulting and Project Management services. We have been recently engaged by our clients to provide Materials testing and inspection services and are looking to fill a Materials Technician role on this project.
You will conduct a wide variety of laboratory and field testing on aggregate, soils, concrete and grout; and perform quality control and quality assurance management, compaction and site conditions monitoring. This role executes field testing activities and works primarily within a small crew to provide quality control management. You will collect, prepare and review field notes and relate data to clients or your direct supervisor. This position will be working on a 2 week on, 2 week off rotation.
Minimum of 3 years of related materials testing experience
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Previous concrete testing experience
- Experience in the use of a nuclear densometer
- Experience in aggregate sampling and laboratory test procedures
- Experience in rebar inspection is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and analytical abilities
- Technical competence and attention to detail
- Ability to work a variety of shifts is required and willingness to work in remote sites for extended periods of time
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, pre-employment medical & drug testing, and education verification
What We Offer
Allnorth is dedicated to its Triple Bottom Line of People, Clients & Partners and Profitability. Empowered and motivated employees are the source of our success and the basis for our growth. We’re proud of our team and committed to providing opportunities for employees to develop both personally and professionally in addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply today! www.allnorth.com/join-us (Please note this position can be found under St. John’s, NL for location.)
Applications are Due by: April 30, 2019
IIR recognizes the impact and benefits agreement with the Innu Nation and the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu and Inuit workers have first preference for employment at Voisey’s Bay site.
IIR is an equal opportunity employer.