Materials Engineering Technologist
Newcrete is a supplier of Ready Mix, Precast, Aggregate, Masonry and Landscape; we are your concrete leaders in Newfoundland and Labrador. We employ dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to our workplace.
One of our divisions, Capital Precast, is currently accepting applications for the position of Materials Engineering Technologist
Capital Precast is the leading supplier of precast concrete products in Newfoundland and Labrador. As the only CSA certified precast operation in the province, we are well equipped to produce various types of precast concrete.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for performing Concrete testing (Cured and Plastic), Soils Testing (Sieve Analysis) and Document Control including recording overall results to ensure compliance with our CSA Quality programs, and customer specifications.
This position requires a working relationship with the production team to ensure adherence to company and industry standards and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Quality, Integrity, Safety, Respect, and Customer Focus.
- Concrete Testing (Cured and Plastic)
- Soils Testing (Sieve Analysis)
- Document Control
- Work with Quality Control team to fulfill project requirements
- Ongoing communication with Quality Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Graduate of Civil Engineering Technology
- A minimum of two years experience working in qualified testing laboratory
- Experience in testing both the plastic and hardened properties of concrete
- Experience in Soils Testing (Sieve Analysis)
- Experience with concrete inspections (pre-post) would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Detail oriented and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and operate various types of testing equipment
- Document Control
- Punctual and Well Organized
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner and understand and implement written safety procedure
For more information see: https://www.newcrete.ca/