Maintenance Systems Specialist
St. John’s International Airport Authority (SJIAA) is a private, not-forprofit corporation committed to creating an exceptional airport
experience at Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier gateway. The airport is the second largest in Atlantic Canada and currently serves
more than 1.5 million passengers annually.
The Systems Specialist, Maintenance primary responsibilities include implementation, utilization and continuous improvement of the new
Airport Facilities Maintenance Management System. The role will; work closely with the Infrastructure team to improve maintenance
functions at the Airport and ultimately the reliability and performance of the various assets and systems necessary for safe operations. The
incumbent will regularly interface with other Airport departments to plan and schedule necessary work to minimize operational disruption
and costs, ensure capital projects and modifications include consideration for proper maintenance, create, track and regularly
report on metrics to measure the effectiveness of the maintenance function, and work with vendors and industry specialists to evaluate
and implement new technologies where justified.
As the ideal candidate your qualifications include:
– Completion of a three-year Engineering Technology diploma;
– A minimum of five years of relevant experience in Implementing,
– Utilizing and Optimizing a Maintenance Management System;
– A valid NL Drivers’ license;
– Proficiency in utilization of computers and office software suites;
– Experience with computerized maintenance management systems and geographical information systems are significant assets;
– Experience managing and utilizing maintenance information and data effectively;
– Experience working in an industrial environment;
– Field experience.
– Work within mechanical and/or electrical maintenance is considered a valuable asset;
– Experience developing job plans utilizing Maintenance System Software, and
– Experience in training others to utilize maintenance systems and implement maintenance orders consistently and safely.
This is a unionized position with competitive pay and benefits, in accordance with the collective agreement. Interested applicants
should forward their resumes, including a copy of their diploma by May 24, 2019 either by e-mail, or in writing to:
Manager – Human Resources
St. John’s International Airport Authority
Box 1, Airport Terminal Building
100 World Parkway
St. John’s, NL A1A 5T2
The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory certificate of conduct. As this is a safety sensitive position, a drug
and alcohol test will be required, as a condition of employment.
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. St. John’s International Airport Authority is an equal opportunity
For more information see: https://stjohnsairport.com/about/corporate-information/careers/