MAINTENANCE ENGINEER/TECHNOLOGIST – (HRPP0189)
LABRADOR WEST JOB DESCRIPTION:
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Maintenance Engineer/Technologist on behalf of one of our Clients. Ideal candidates will have experience in the mining, energy or manufacturing industries which includes experience with heavy industrial/heavy mobile equipment in an industrial environment.
This is a contract position, for 3-6 months with possibility of an extension, located in Labrador West. Relocation preferred for non-local candidates, fly-in/fly-out may be considered.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Maintenance Engineer/Technologist will be responsible to work with maintenance, asset health and planning teams to address technical issues, as well as, equipment failures to maximize efficiency of the assigned maintenance crew (s) and reliability of the operational assets.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the main responsibilities will be:
- Develop, Govern and Provide technical direction to the Maintenance Execution teams;
- Support the Maintenance teams in addressing failures by using RCA techniques;
- Identify, develop and recommend strategies to enhance equipment and component reliability;
- Enhance Asset Master Data though the developing of Tasks List, SWP, SWI and Spare requirements;
- Provide guidance to ensure the asset health recommendation are efficient and implemented; and
- Support the planning team in the improvement of the work management process.
- Demonstrated rigor into the application of AM standards;
- Demonstrated ability to safely deliver improvement projects of significant business value;
- A recognized maintenance and reliability certification such as MMP or CMRP is preferred;
- Experience in operational areas or roles preferred;
- Solid background in PdM techniques with proficient training is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology diploma or equivalent technical experience with ongoing professional development;
- Minimum 5 years Industrial Experience – Heavy industrial / Heavy Mobile Equipment;
- 5 years of experience in the mining, energy or manufacturing industries which includes experience with heavy industrial/heavy mobile equipment in an industrial environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, SAP, GE APM (or similar asset strategy development tools);
- Ability to harness the strengths and knowledge of a diverse team to create sustainable solutions programs in an environment where a mature reliability and maintenance program is in place;
- Ability to run multiple projects and complete work as planned;
- Highly organized and ability to work in high stress situations and resolve issues;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in from diverse stakeholders;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Apply online: https://www.hrproject.ca/
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.