JUNIOR PRODUCTION DESIGNER
(2018 JPD 008)
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in Vancouver
and New Orleans. In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in
As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and
competitive compensation packages.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop 3D models for structure and marine distributive systems;
• Prepare production drawings (for shipyard);
• Provide guidance and advice to junior designers; and
• Ensure a level of quality control for project work.
• Degree or diploma in a related discipline including naval architecture, marine systems design or equivalent combination of education and technical training, supplemented with less than 2 years of drafting/design experience in a related discipline;
• Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve;
• Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset; and
• Knowledge of ShipConstructor, Rhino and Cadmatic would be considered an asset.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include competition number 2018 JPD 008 in the subject line. While Genoa appreciates all
applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.