Junior Engineering Technician
TILLER ENGINEERING INC.
Department Operations: Engineering Sector
Reports to: Sr. and Intermediate Structural Engineers All Engineering Sector Managers
Will be responsible for assisting in all Structural Engineering Tasks in the office and in the field. Structural Engineering Support Role for Tiller’s Projects in the building, offshore oil and gas, and the Telecom Industries. Will be responsible to report to either the project manager or a senior engineer.
Individual must realize that they have they are entering a field with enormous responsibility and they must have the tools and capability to perform the tasks at hand. This will require for the first few years of their careers significant self learning and teaching. They are expected to spend at least 10% of their weekly time in this area and have a self training and learning program.
- Job will require both office and field
- Develop engineering specifications and
- Perform structural analysis, and prepare
- Operate computer aided design (CAD) and drafting
- Work with other designers regarding safe
- Maintain companies in-house design tools and spreadsheets
- Ensure complete, quality job folders are created for all
- and intermediate Structural Engineers.
- HR/HSQE Manager
- Completion (or in the process of completing) of post secondary education with a diploma in engineering
- Strong attention to
- Organization and time management
- Competent in structural analysis software and excel
- Ability to develop solutions and solve problems reasonably or completely independently.
- Majority of work is completed in an office
- Traveling to work sites to gather information is common, this requires the possession of a valid driver’s
- Working in harsh weather
- Working at heights
- Little authority over other
- Team Player
- Provides Supervisor weekly summary report of projects currently working on and outlook for upcoming work, other reports as
This position is supported through the Youth Employment Strategy program. For further information and/or to apply contact:
Karen Mulrooney, Program Coordinator Job Connect NL