INTERMEDIATE PRODUCTION DESIGNER (2018 IPD 009)
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in North Vancouver and New Orleans.
In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in North
America. As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and competitive compensation packages.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create and modify 3D models, fabrication drawings and drafting support according to project scope for structure and distributive systems;
• Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines;
• Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system;
• Provide guidance and advice to junior designers; and
• Responsible for ongoing management of client relationships.
• Technical diploma in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience;
• Less than four years of design/drafting experience;
• 3D design/drafting experience using AutoCAD;
• Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve;
• Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset; and
• Knowledge of ShipConstructor, Rhino and Cadmatic would be considered an asset.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to
hearing from you.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include competition number 2018 IPD 009 in the subject line.
While Genoa appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.