INTERMEDIATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/TECHNICIAN
Ensures the client can deliver leading edge and compliant solutions to our customers by designing and managing the implementation of Telecommunications systems. Provide installation, technical support and maintenance services to both new and existing customers. Where required, help the engineering team establish and maintain the framework for the cost effective in-life operational support of existing equipment and infrastructure. Technical input on the preparation of bids, proposals, technical reports, and drawings and documentation.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Interpret client needs and then explore, analyze, and introduce design concepts, cost effective solutions, and innovative methods.
- Complete detailed technical analysis and review of solutions (including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, design studies, technical reports, Inspection and Test Plans, test results, etc.) to verify conformity with the Scope of Work and project design criteria.
- Be a technical expert reference in discussions with Clients and Suppliers, and respond to technical queries related to design criteria.
- Assist in the installation and implementation of equipment; following client approved documentation including design and construction documents, inspection plans, procedures and checklists.
- Ensure design and installation complies with regulatory and code requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any installation and commissioning procedures as defined in workpacks, along with inspection and test plans.
- Ensure opportunities for improvements to all aspects of performance (safety, environment, cost, schedule, quality, operations, reliability) are actively pursued and discussed with the client.
- Maintain detailed records of the work, including all observations and concerns.
- Engineer or P. Tech (Electrical).
- 5-8 years’ experience in reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, codes and standards. – good knowledge of engineering principles, standards and regulations relating to design, construction and safety standards in Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Strong back ground in resolution of technical issues throughout project planning and execution.
- CAD experience would be an asset.
- Registration with AETTNL or PEGNL.
- Telecommunications experience is an asset but not required.
To Apply email Jennifer Folkes, Senior Consultant at: firstname.lastname@example.org