This position provides technical assistance to our Architect in carrying out research; preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts; and in overseeing construction projects. This position has a focus on coordinating and production mid-scale architectural projects, with emphasis on envelope detailing, roofing systems, various methods of construction, and site work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications while adhering to the office drawing standards.
- Supporting Architects and Interior Designers through performing project coordination by gathering and communicating all project information and documentation and scheduling realistic project timelines and producing deliverables.
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Assisting in applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments.
- Assisting in writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts.
- Playing a part in project and team management by working closely with the team and playing proactive role in organizing project work, supporting one another, anticipating needs and meeting deadlines.
- Contributing to and improving the current document control and administrative processes as they relate to Construction Contract Administration through overseeing and implementing CA standards in conformance with professional practice guidelines.
- Providing construction contract administration through performing site visits, taking site photos, reviewing submittals, issuing written and draft documentation and performing closeout project tasks.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years in an architectural technologist position.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in architectural technology.
- Member of Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL) or other provincial association in Canada, with P.Tech designation.
- Strong familiarity with sequence of construction necessary to develop appropriate and practical details.
- Experience working with design.
- Experience with design software development tooling such as AutoCad 2010, Revit, Adobe Systems CC2017 (Photoshop & InDesign), and SketchUp.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain design effectively to clients on their level of understanding.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
or email your resume to: email@example.com