Inspection Integrity Technician
CA.NL.Mount Pearl.27 Beclin Road
SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. is an ISO 9001 Company and a leading provider of Inspection and Quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. Operating from its head office in Mt Pearl, NL, Canada, SNC-Lavalin has successfully executed onshore and offshore projects around the world including, southeast Asia, West Africa, western Canada’s oil sands, south America, UK, Europe and Middle East. Due to ever expanding operational requirements, we have an immediate opening for an Integrity/Inspection Technician.
The Inspection Integrity Technician will report directly to the Inspection Integrity Engineer. Typical working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, support for the project will be required outside of regular business hours, including weekends and 20 – 30% offshore work.
- Assess, undertake and deliver work scopes related to mechanical integrity;
- Support the review of inspection data, results trending and remnant life assessments, perform fitness-for-service assessments and provide recommendations for repair and replacement methodologies;
- Design and execute brownfield inspection projects;
- Liaise with clients’ engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure all project requirements have been addressed;
- CET or Professional Engineering Designation, focus in the oil & gas industry.
- Certifications related to NACE, API 510, 570, CWB and/or NDT methods are essential.
- 3-6 years or more engineering experience working in asset maintenance, asset integrity and brownfield projects in oil and gas environment as a Mechanical Engineer or Technologist;
- Bachelor Engineering or Engineering Technologist with experience;
- Experience with Fitness for Service assessments performed in accordance with API 579;
- Experience in managing asset integrity management databases;
- Understanding of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques and in-service application of NDT;
- Experience in pressure plant integrity and analysis of Oil & Gas processing equipment;
- Experience with pressure equipment in-service inspection and repair to API and C-NLOPB standard;
- Working knowledge of materials and corrosion principles in the O&G industry;
- Working knowledge of Pressure vessel and heat exchanger design in accordance with ASME VIII Divisions 1, 2 and 3;
- Pressure piping design in accordance with ASME B31.3;
- Experience in working within a Safety Case regime and understanding of Risked Based Inspection (RBI) methodologies;
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.