Inspection Integrity Planner
CA.NL.Mount Pearl.27 Beclin Road
SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. is an ISO 9001 Company and a leading provider of Inspection and Quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. Operating from its head office in Mt Pearl, NL, Canada, SNC-Lavalin has successfully executed onshore and offshore projects around the world including, southeast Asia, West Africa, western Canada’s oil sands, south America, UK, Europe and Middle East. Due to ever expanding operational requirements, we have an immediate opening for an Integrity/Inspection Technician.
The Inspection Integrity Planner will report directly to the Inspection Integrity Engineer. Typical working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, support for the project will be required outside of regular business hours, including weekends and potentially 20 – 30% offshore work.
- Plan and monitor execution of inspection work scopes;
- Generates and communicate weekly, monthly, annual and rolling inspection plans;
- Coordinates inputs for trade support(s) into inspection plan;
- Liaise with clients’ engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure all project planning requirements have been addressed;
- Trend and report on inspection plan progress using defined contract KPIs;
- Update inspection maintenance plans based on RBI findings;
- Support development of inspection work scopes; and,
- Coordinate the execution of corrective and ad-hoc work scopes.
- Coordinate and secure flights for ad-hoc inspection technicians.
- Liaise with offshore inspection team.
- NDT Technician, CET or Professional Engineering Designation, focus in the oil & gas industry.
- Certifications related to NACE, API 510, 570, CWB and/or NDT methods are an asset.
- 3-6 years or more engineering experience working in asset maintenance, asset integrity and brownfield projects in oil and gas environment as a Mechanical Engineer or Technologist;
- Engineering Technician or Technologist;
- Inspection planning or related project management experience. PMP would be an asset;
- Experience with risk-based inspection programs;
- Experience in working with SAP and asset integrity management databases;
- Understanding of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques and in-service application of NDT;
- Experience in pressure plant integrity and analysis of Oil & Gas processing equipment;
- Working knowledge of materials and corrosion principles in the O&G industry;
- Working knowledge of pressure equipment and their codes and standards;
- Working knowledge of drilling equipment;
- Experience in working within a Safety Case regime and understanding of Risked Based Inspection (RBI) methodologies;
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE – This is a one year contractual position, with the possibility of extension.
Contractual (Fixed Term)At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.