Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative
AIL – Sales – St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
About Atlantic Industries Limited
Atlantic Industries Limited (AIL) is an award-winning innovator of engineered solutions in structural plate bridges and tunnels, prefabricated bridges, pipe and drainage systems, abutments and retaining walls, and sound barrier walls.Headquartered in Sackville, New Brunswick, AIL operates a network of technical sales teams, engineering departments, and manufacturing plants in Canada.
At AIL we value integrity, excellence, innovation and a ‘can do’ attitude. We look for team members who are collaborative, accountable, curious and committed in everything they do. If this sounds like you, then you will enjoy working at AIL.
AIL is a member of the multinational AIL Group of Companies – a leader in developing efficient engineered solutions for the transportation, public works, railway, mining and energy, forestry, and development sectors for over 50 years.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative that enjoys problem solving to satisfy customer needs and to improve internal sales administration processes. This person will utilize their technical service expertise and knowledge of AIL products to provide a strong working relationship with our customers by providing solutions, taking product orders, assisting customers with their selections, troubleshooting customer issues, answering customer inquiries, responding to billing issues, supporting our sales team and ensuring satisfaction of existing customers.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to customer inquiries, including taking orders, providing information and solutions, and referring to others as required.
- Responsible for sales support activities including on-line tender searches; assisting and executing sales strategies; generating sales leads; maintaining accurate sales and CRM records; and contributing to annual sales goals.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers and coordinate to ensure on time delivery.
- Receives and tracks customer feedback using the Customer Relationship Management System. Ensures the resolution of customer complaints and inquiries.
- Proficient in Visual Manufacturing to enter orders, material receipt into inventory and invoicing customers. Aligns demand with inventory and production capacity to maximize efficiency.
- Assist the Regional Engineer and Technical Sales Team as required.
- Supports other team members during peak call activity, vacations, and absences.
- Responsible for providing feedback on key customer information to Sales, Marketing, and Production.
- A commitment to continuous learning of AIL products and their differentiated selling features.
- Provide value-added proactive solutions and responses to clients’ requests.
- Identify, recommend and refer any opportunities, which arise from client queries, to other Departments or Regions as necessary.
- Ascertain trends, repetitive occurrences to enable permanent resolution of issues that could be rectified by process enhancement.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills. French language skills considered an asset.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow task to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Fluent use of Microsoft office (Excel, word, and Outlook)
- Fluent use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of ERP system is an asset
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Sharefile and Visual would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of Sales and Marketing.
- Civil Technologist program or Business Management an asset.
- Previous experience with Civil Construction Products sales is an asset.
Atlantic Industries Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Atlantic Industries Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
For more information see: https://www.ail.ca/
Interested applicants should apply using this link: https://atlanticindustrieslimited.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=103