Industrial Engineering Student
Job role and responsibilities
- Supports asset team with analysis and automation, simplification, or improvement of workflows
- Coordinates and manages implementation of workflow and productivity optimization initiatives
- Interfaces with asset team, ExxonMobil IT, Digital Innovations Team and other functions to progress initiatives and/or address issues with tools or workflows
- Develop general understanding of asset and workflows in order to anticipate needs and identify improvement opportunities
- Administers and supports productivity tools including Canada East IMF SharePoint site, Technical Query Tool, and Incident Investigation Tool
- Currently enrolled in an Industrial Engineering Diploma or Degree program and available for a work term in September 2019
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Proficient in MS Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint and data visualization (Excel, Tableau, other) is an asset
- Aptitude for new technology and effectively managing change
- Effective oral and technical business writing/communication skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
Start date: September 2019
Work term: 4 months
Location: St John’s, NL
- You will work under the direction and mentorship of an experienced professional during your work term
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- ExxonMobil Canada supports and promotes a learning environment for all our students, to utilize your current skills and develop new ones
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging and professional work environment
- You will have ownership/responsibility of at least one major term project
Application deadline: May 19, 2019
Who we are
The need for energy is a very real economic issue. It affects literally everyone–everywhere in the world. At ExxonMobil Canada, we are proud to bring together a highly talented and diverse workforce eager to take on and solve the world’s toughest energy challenges.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
ExxonMobil Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, ExxonMobil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions within the Company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including Imperial and affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Industrial Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Sharepoint, Engineering, Technology
Apply online at ExxonMobil: https://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ExxonMobil/job/St_-John's-Industrial-Engineering-Student-NL/557150200/