- Implementation Technolgist
Requisition ID – 2019-61188
- Work Location – CA-NL-St. John’s
- Department / Discipline – Construction
- Position Type – Fixed Term – Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an opportunity for Implementation Technoogist in our St. John’s, NL office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing Construction work packs
- Interpreting engineering designs and documentation for input into work packs
- Ensuring that all hazards associated with the work are addressed in the work packs via the relevant Risk Assessment system, input from Safety Engineering and the inclusion of other information to ensure work is implemented to minimize SHE risks
- Providing ongoing technical support to the offshore construction team including interfacing with the engineering disciplines and coordinating the closure of Engineering Queries (EQ’s)
- Coordinating with the Materials Controller and Offshore Construction Lead to ensure that all materials are job ready
- Liaising with offshore construction team regarding planning and preparation of activities
- Offshore travel, as required
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of applicable experience within the oil and gas industry
- Experience in developing Electrical/Instrumentation work packs
- Experience in developing Pipe/Mechanial work packs will also be an asset
- Strong understanding of implementation principles and objectives
- Preference of experience with offshore production platforms
- Capable of reading, understanding and interpreting engineering and vendor drawings and documentation
- Ability to understand and recognize potential problems during construction and commissioning
- Proven organizational, planning and cost management skills
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred candidates to possess a Technical Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved may also be considered
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!