Hydro Plant Operator
Our Client has a passion for safety, the environment, our people and our communities. Their greatest asset is to their people, a team of professionals who share a set of common core values: honesty & trust; open communication; accountability; safety; teamwork; respect & dignity and leadership. We’re looking for people who have a drive for excellence; a passion for growth and want to be part of a team that is making a difference.
- You will be responsible to operate and perform regular inspections of all generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
- You will identify and report deficiencies; prepare, issue and if necessary, execute switching orders; issue work permits and work authorizations; maintain station log and operate water control structures in accordance with system requirements.
- You will also perform running and assigned preventative maintenance on plant and support equipment.
- You may be required to work at heights up to 10m; participate as a member of the plant emergency organization and assist maintenance staff as required, as well as all other duties related to or associated with this classification.
- You are responsible for personal safety and that of co-workers by observing and promoting the company’s Safety and Health Program and responsible for any environmental aspects of the job and performing work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- You have graduated high school, supplemented with the successful completion of either a three year electrical technology course or certification as a journeyperson electrician
- You have certification as a hydro plant operator through the Corporate apprenticeship program.
- You have a thorough knowledge of all regulations and safety rules and must possess an appropriate valid driver’s license.
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from anyone meeting the requirements for this position.
Interested applicants should apply using this link: https://indeedhi.re/2MTglEF