Hebron Instrumentation Technician
- Interacting with operations, maintenance and onshore/offshore groups to collaboratively address key technical areas and platform priorities
- Identify improvement opportunities and provide technical solutions
- Supporting the implementation, application and continuous improvement of instrumentation activities across the platform
- Working with equipment such as but not limited to: Fire and gas system equipment, process equipment such as pressure, level and temperature monitoring systems, condition monitoring equipment, control valves, DCS system
- Applying and adhering to industry and regulatory codes applicable to the instrumentation field in an offshore environment
- Expectation is to become member of Hebron Emergency Response Teams
- Journeyperson inter-provincial trade certificate in Industrial Instrumentation or Instrumentation Technologist qualification.
- 10-15 years of related experience in oil/petrochemical industry (preferably offshore)
- Broad working knowledge of PLC, Emergency Control Systems, Fire & Gas and DCS systems
- Familiarity in working with and using computerized maintenance management systems such as SAP
- Knowledge of calibration, installation, and repair of electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls.
Start date: July 2019
Location and work schedule: This is a full-time, fly-in-fly-out position to the Hebron Platform from St. John’s. Rotation is a 21 day on 21 day off shift.
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with ExxonMobil and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason ExxonMobil is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with ExxonMobil.
Who we are
The need for energy is a very real economic issue. It affects literally everyone–everywhere in the world. At ExxonMobil Canada, we are proud to bring together a highly talented and diverse workforce eager to take on and solve the world’s toughest energy challenges.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- In accordance with the Canada-Newfoundland Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, first consideration for employment will be given to qualified persons who meet the residency requirements of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador set out in the Elections Act, 1991, S.N.L. 1992 c. E-3.1
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date in the offer of employment may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application dealine: April 30, 2019
ExxonMobil Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, ExxonMobil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions within the Company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including Imperial and affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Technician, Hydraulics, Instrumentation, ERP, Gas Technician, Technology, Engineering, Energy
Apply online at: https://exxonmobil.co/2UFe1bs