Fixed Plant Advisor Electrical
- Opportunity to work for global company
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise
- Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for a Fixed Plant Advisor, Electrical who will work closely with the team to provide assistance to the electrical supervisors by removing delays in work execution due to parts supply, technical information, and/or data entry. The Fixed Plant Advisor, Electrical will bridge the gap between a workable weekly plan and the successful execution of the work.
Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical, you will be:
- Preparing for maintenance activities by ensuring that all labour, materials and equipment resources are available and scheduled for execution
- Identifying long lead time components for work order operations and raising requisitions for materials and external services required to execute the work order
- Supporting the team by ensuring delays related to parts or the availability of information (procedures or instructions) are minimized and unused parts or consumable spares are managed on a daily basis
- Working with stores to monitor consumable parts to maximize availability and minimize waste
- Reviewing all submitted documentation for quality and entering data into our systems as per asset management requirements
- Working with the electricians and supervisors to conduct Preventative Maintenance (PM) reviews and support continuous improvement by improving and updating SAP documents.
- Assisting in the identification of maintenance work by reviewing notifications and work requests for work order creation and proactively identifying if a recurring task requires a task list maintenance plan
- Reviewing the electrical maintenance forecast and updating as necessary to accommodate short term and long term modifications to the business plan
- 2-5 years’ experience in a maintenance environment
- Experience scheduling or coordinating activities
- Electrical trade or technologist certification preferred
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.