What we do:
Horseshoe Hill Construction Inc. is a national general contractor specializing in concrete construction/rehabilitation and specialty concrete works.
We currently have an opening for a motivated Estimator to join our Atlantic Team. This position may require you to travel to our Calgary office for initial training.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years professional experience as an Estimator for Civil Infrastructure projects involving Bridge and Concrete Rehabilitation services. They will have highly tuned attention to detail, be able to work both collaboratively as well as independently and have strong organizational skills.
We are looking for individuals who value safety, teamwork and lead by example. Rate of pay will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
This is a full time, salary position.
Applicants are required to show proficiency in;
- Analyzing Information,
- Estimating/RPT’s/RFP’s processes,
- Project Planning,
- Provincial Safety Regulations and Training Requirements.
- Standard Contract Procedures,
- Experienced in Vendor Negotiations.
In this position you report directly to our Sr. Estimators, Operation Managers and Vice President of Construction. Your duties will include,
- Search procurement sites for new tendering opportunities;
- Prepare cost estimates by analyzing proposals and tender/contract requirements in the company’s scope of work;
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents;
- You will be responsible for the preparation and complete review of tenders and the related contract documents for submission including all requests for qualification documentation and supplementary submissions.;
- Finalize and review completed tenders with management by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information as outlined by the owner in the tender package and ensure submission in a timely fashion;
- Work closely with the Project management team regarding hand-off and planning requirements for a smooth transition and project start-up;
- Assist with the pricing of change orders that arise on projects;
- Review quantities and payment particulars with the Management team throughout the duration of the project;
- Ensure job costs are current and complete cost/budget reviews monthly with Management Team;
Additional Responsibilities may be assigned.
- Successful Candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years of progressive Civil Bridge Rehabilitation experience in an Estimating Capacity.
- Intermediate level Engineer/Technologist are encouraged to apply.
- You must be able to work in fast paced environments and work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Experience with Heavy Bid (HCSS) estimating software & cost analysis and E-Sub Project Management Software is an asset.
- Provincial Safety Knowledge and Competency training. (WHMIS, Hazard Assessment Training, Incident Reporting etc.)
- Eligibility for membership with either AETTNL or PEGNL is considered an asset.
Horseshoe Hill Construction Inc. actively seeks work across the country. The ability to travel is a requirement of employment as candidates will may be assigned to and expected to work full time on any project site(s). Accommodations will be provided when assigned to project sites away from the applicants’ primary residence.
Interested Applicants are asked to forward their Resume along with covering letter via email. email@example.com
We encourage all applicants to visit our web site for more information on the work we provide. prior to submitting their application. www.hhcinc.ca
We appreciate all applications, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.