Environmental Technologist, Hazardous Materials
Pinchin is recruiting for an Environmental Technologist to join our Hazardous Materials team in St. John’s, NL. The ideal candidate will have experience working with hazardous materials and will be comfortable traveling throughout Atlantic Canada.
Pinchin offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance. We also contribute to RRSP’s, paid professional development, as well as several other benefits.
- Perform on-site inspection during removal of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc.) and demolition/deconstruction projects
- Collect air samples and conduct PCM analysis
- Perform hazardous building material, mould and Indoor Air Quality/Occupational Hygiene assessments
- Prepare technical reports detailing the findings and recommendations
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Technology or a similar program
- 3 years of practical work experience in a comparable role preferred
- Possess a general understanding of Indoor Air Quality, and Occupational Hygiene and Health and Safety
- Experience preforming on-site inspections, collecting air samples or preforming Indoor Air Quality/Occupational Hygiene Assessments considered an asset
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle required (work-related travel will be compensated)
- Availability to travel throughout Atlantic Canada
- Ability to work outside of core business hours, including overnight and weekends
Pinchin Ltd. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm that has been committed to Environmental Health and Safety for over 35 years and provides a wide range of engineering, building sciences, geosciences, environmental, and occupational health and safety solutions across Canada. We are committed to excellence and dedicated to addressing the needs of our clients.
Take a look to see all Pinchin has to offer: www.pinchin.com/working-at-pinchinOpens a New Window.
You can also see what our employees have to say. Take a look at our reviews on Indeed: https://goo.gl/7USfE8Opens a New Window.
To apply for this position, click on the “Apply” button. We appreciate interest from all candidates, but only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Pinchin is committed to fostering an inclusive respectful and accessible environment, for job applicants, employees and customers.