Electronics Technologist, Mount Pearl, NL Office
As a close team of over twenty people, everyone at Solace Power Inc. contributes to pushing the limits and
redefining the way we think about wireless power. We are currently looking for a new team member for our
Mount Pearl Headquarters, who can help us develop and test technology that truly doesn’t exist anywhere else!
We mean it when we say that Solace isn’t your average job. From implementing wireless power technology in a
car door, to developing our latest patentable concept – no two days are ever the same.
The Electronics Technologist will be a key member of the Product Application team. Reporting to the
Application Engineering Manager, the Technologist will be involved in tailoring our wireless power technology to
fit specific customer applications as well as supporting our R&D team on new technology development. The
Technologist will participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle of a wireless power product.
The Electronic Technologist Typical Day at Solace Power Inc.
1. Work with the Application Engineering team to ensure designs meet customer specifications.
2. Hands-on assembly of wireless power systems which includes wireless power resonators, power inverters,
rectifiers, DC/DC converters, impedance matching circuits, load and impedance regulation circuits.
3. Creation and execution of verification test plans for application products.
4. Remain current on new components, fabrication methods and applications for wireless power
5. Work in our well-equipped laboratory building and testing our wireless power products.
• Diploma in electronics engineering or a related discipline is required.
• Experience with using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, vector network analyzers,
spectrum analyzers and EMF probes.
• Experience with PCB board soldering, assembly and modification using small surface mount components.
• Experience with packaging of electronic assemblies and cable management.
• Comfortable using hand tools and power tools.
• The more hands-on electronic assembly experience the better!
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to take initiative and to be proactive.
• Must be a strong team player with a constructive perspective and committed to the success of the group.
• Experience in power electronics and/or analogue RF designs is an asset.
• Experience with schematic and PCB design/layout is an asset.
• Experience with software such as Altium Designer is an asset.
• Experience in analog and digital circuit design is an asset.
Solace Power Inc.
1118 Topsail Road, Suite 201
Mount Pearl, NL Canada A1N 5E7
Key working Relationships
• Work with the application engineering team to optimize work effort and delivery timelines.
• Work with the application engineering team to optimize customer designs for assembly and test.
• Solace Power Inc. offers employees a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For More information see www.solace.ca/company