Maderra Personnel is currnelty seeking a qualified individual for the position of QA Advisor – Electrical in Muskrat Falls, NL.
Located in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Maderra Engineering Inc. provides project management, project services, engineering, technical and personnel services to the Energy, Resource, and Commercial sectors. We are a progressive, people-powered, and energetic company, and our vision is that each member of the Maderra Team is empowered to control the success of the company.
- Implement all applicable Owner construction electrical oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities at the Muskrat Falls Construction Site;
- Perform monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work, on behalf of Owner, to ensure contractors and subcontractors quality and construction programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors and sub contractors quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final documentation, turnover, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the Regulatory Requirements, Canadian Electrical Codes, Technical Specifications, Drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and sub contractor’s inspection and test plans;
- Ensure contractors and sub contractors are working to the latest revisions of specifications, drawings, procedures, codes and standards and ITPs, concession requests, ECNs etc.
- Maintain detailed records of the work, including all observations and concerns;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports and maintain quality control files of all on-going electrical construction work
- Electrical Engineer or Electrical Technologist supplemented by experience in construction QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance, electrical inspection, completions and commissioning activities for large hydroelectric projects, or an equivalent combination of education and electrical experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of field experience in performing electrical systems monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects
- Experience in construction quality assurance & quality control, including execution of inspection and test plans
- Demonstrated ability to digest and interpret construction Agreements including ability to read and interpret drawings specifications, Canadian electrical codes and standards