ELECTRICAL/INSTRUMENTATION (E/I) SUPERVISORS – Competition No. 18-03
About Kruger Publication Papers
Kruger Inc.’s Publication Papers business unit comprises four paper mills specializing in the production of newsprint and coated paper. Located in Québec and Newfoundland and Labrador, our mills supply printers and major newspaper and magazine publishers in Canada, the US and around the world. Renowned for the excellent quality of their products, our paper mills frequently receive the title of “supplier of the year” from major press groups such as Dow Jones and Gannett. Competing in an industry that is constantly changing, our mills have always maintained the same level of quality and service that have made Kruger one of the leaders in the global paper industry.
Kruger Inc. is active in such diverse industries as renewable energy, tissue products, pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, wines and spirits, and recycling.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is a quality leader in the manufacture of newsprint, with an international customer base. Building on this reputation, our goal is to be one of the lowest cost manufacturers of quality newsprint in North America.
The EI Planner/Supervisor is responsible for applying reliability best practices in the planning and scheduling of electrical and instrumentation maintenance and repair, in order to optimize the efficiency of the workforce. The incumbent is to ensure that all activities are planned and scheduled with safety/security, productivity, quality, efficiency, and cost at the forefront.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of plant process control equipment and power distribution systems.
- Fulfill supervisory on-call responsibilities during week days, on a rotational basis with other EI Department staff.
- Fulfill supervisory weekend coverage duties, on a rotational basis with other EI Department staff.
- Responsible for the supervision of E/I employees during scheduled and non-scheduled shutdowns.
- Assist the E/I Superintendent, as required, with breakdown troubleshooting and crew mentoring.
- Preparation of daily equipment maintenance work schedules.
- Maintaining and improving the reliability of E/I equipment.
- Involvement in all future planning and improvement programs.
- Employee training programs.
- Maintaining accurate documentation.
- E/I Technologist, Industrial Electrician or Instrumentation Technician with previous supervisory experience or hold a degree in Engineering with a minimum of five years experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs), instrumentation (pneumatic control systems, etc. and AC/DC variable speed drives, power distribution systems and process controls used in the pulp and paper industry is a good asset.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Recent Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training.
- Valid Standard First Aid certification.
Successful candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
Interested candidates can apply online through the Careers Section of www.kruger.com
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Corner Brook Pulp and Paper but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.