Electrical Field Coordinator
CA.NL.Mount Pearl.1133 Topsail Road
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking a Field Coordinator, Electrical for the Main Mechanical Outfitting (MMO) Construction Division within the West White Rose Project team in Argentia, NL. Reporting into the Construction team and being in the field, you will provide an integral position directly on site to the project.
- Organizing, co-ordinating, and ordering divisional materials for the project – working with procurement throughout the process
- Check and issue up-to-date documents, schedules and drawings.
- Review quality records, test reports, and certify fabrication of various components of the project
- Communicate and collaborate with Designers, Quality Field Inspectors, Fabricators and Owner Representatives to evaluate design and resolve non-conformances
- Advise on constructability issues
- Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable engineering codes to review design/shop drawings and documents for conformance, and work with fabricators to ensure quality procedures are followed
- Verify that the fabrication conforms to the detailed designs and technical requirements, and is suitable for construction
- Utilize basic engineering software packages and computer aided drafting software in accordance with industry codes and standards
- Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as processes and standards
- Understand and appropriately apply project technical criteria and requirements related to Electrical and Instrumentation Specifications for Fabrication.
- Creation and building of work packages to complete Electrical & Instrumentation scopes for construction (MMO)
- Walk down and sign off of construction work packages
- 3 year Technology diploma (Electrical or Instrumentation preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly related major construction activities
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Tools, especially excel
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizing abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in fabrication and holders of recognized related quality certificates
This position will be fully based out of our construction site in Argentia, NL.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
RegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2CrnVSV
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com